When President Trump was voted out of office, people thought that the country was going to return to some level of normalcy. People had assumed that Biden was the return to normalcy candidate and that the country could reasonably trade 4 years of ineffectual leadership for less chaos. As time has shown, things have only gotten worse. The ephemeral anxiety that has consumed our society, destroyed our sense of time, and driven millions to call for a “national divorce” has only intensified.
If there’s anything people get obscenely wrong about the Trump administration, it’s the fact that Trump was personally responsible for the last six years of chaos. People genuinely believed that voting Trump out of office in 2020 would calm the country down but it didn’t. It turns out something else is wrong, and it runs deep.
Sadly, President Biden hasn’t helped make any of it better. Instead of being a pointless president and sitting on his hands for four years like he promised, he’s embraced much of the most intense rhetoric of the left.
While he hasn’t pushed for the socialist economic policies of Bernie Sanders, he has beaten the country with a year of aggressively woke, anti-science nonsense. He’s embraced the politics of the 1619 Project and set about further dividing our already fractured culture. He’s pushed Obama-era economic policies which have ground the economy to a halt. He’s returned the regulatory state back to it’s former oppressive glory. He’s reinstituted Obama-Care’s mandates. He’s weaponized the alphabet agencies to hunt down “domestic threats”, mostly meaning American citizens. Worst of all, he’s overseen a foreign policy of incompetence that has placed the country at the edge of war with both Russia and China.
Despite that, the media and press have proceeded to salivate all over the sitting president solely because he’s not Trump. USAToday said as much when it said “Is Biden a good President? He’s amazing compared to Trump”. The media lives and dies by this moral equivilancy. When Trump eventually stops being politically useful, they might actually have to figure out how to govern.
I wasn’t the biggest fan of Trump but any objective look at 2021 doesn’t reveal Biden to be a competent leader. At best, he’s petty, cynical, divisive, and doomed to oversee the collapse of the United States of America as a respected political institution. So congrats to Trump’s critics! We fired the Bad Orange Man just in time to watch the world end in nuclear fire!
Biden celebrated his one-year anniversary on January 20th, one week ago. And as Bridget Phetsey implied on Twitter, it’s depressing to imagine putting up with three more years of bumbling incompetence and hostility.
With that, I wanted to go back and revisit the worst moments of his first year and watch how things have progressed:
- January 2021 – Biden signs more executive orders in the first week than any president in history
- The order of the Biden administration from Jan 20th to Jan 31st 2021 was to completely wipe the slate of the Trump administration off of the books. The White House website was completely overhauled, the social media accounts changed hands and Biden signed more executive orders in one week to completely reverse the direction of the Trump agenda, bringing some accusations of being a “benevolent dictator” into concern among even some Democrats.
- February 2021 – US reenters Paris Climate Accord and World Health Organization
- I can’t say that Biden reentering the Paris Accord or WHO is the hugest controversy of his administration but given how deferral these organizations are to the corruption of China and other bad actors it’s certainly not a win on his part.
- February 2021 – Biden limits fracking on federal land through executive order
- While Biden didn’t fully limit fracking with his opening swath of executive orders, he did signal the desire to route the practice and shift the economy away from hydraulic fracturing, an obvious attempt to downplay the influence of the industry.
- Spring 2021 – VP Harris bungles responsibility as Border Czar
- Kamala Harris’s earliest major assignment as Vice President was to handle the ongoing meltdown situation at the US-Mexico border. After months of trying, her limited efforts and limited attention only resulted in the situation continuing it’s Chernobyl-style meltdown. This came after halting border construction and deportations of illegal immigrants, even banning the term “alien” among some law enforcement.
- June 2021 – Biden kills the Keystone XL Pipeline
- The controversial pipeline that has been under construction since 2008, which would expand the oil shipping capacity between the US and Canada and avoid the need to ship gas via carbon burning trucks, was killed once again by the president after going into construction under Trump. In the process, Biden killed thousands of construction and infrastructure jobs. He even received condemnation from progressive Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau, tensing relations with Canada in the process.
- July 2021 – White House Press Secretary Admits to openly directing social media censorship
- Because of the first amendment, the government doesn’t have the ability to crack down on speech it doesn’t like. Apparently though that limitation doesn’t apply when private companies do it at the behest of the government. Psaki openly acknowledged that the administration is telling social media companies which posts and influences it wanted removed and censored.
- August 2021 – Biden knowingly extends rent moratorium despite knowing it’s illegal
- The rent moratorium from the COVID lockdowns was a particularly popular policy among the Democrat base that was mostly upheld at the behest of progressive politicians who have decided to label landlords, as a whole, an oppressive class of capitalist moochers worthy of contempt. The executive branch had no authority to establish such a rule though, that power belongs to congress. That didn’t stop Biden from knowingly signing an illegal law into action with the full knowledge that it was just a holding pattern to pander to his base. In a sane world, a president knowingly breaking the law would be a big deal…
- August 2021 – Bungled Afghanistan Pullout results in Taliban takeover and hundreds of American Citizens abandoned overseas
- 2021’s largest gaff was of course the completely disintegration of the nation Afghanistan. After a 20 year war, the administration delayed it’s final pullout of troops one more time and then abruptly removed all American personal on the ground in August. Within weeks, the Taliban had reestablished control of the country, embarrassing the United States on the world stage, causing a massive refugee crisis and resulting in hundreds of unknown American citizens and military contractors being abandoned in the now totalitarian country. For good measure, terrorist attacks against Marines and evacuating refugees saw the highest US casualties in several years… If you’re wondering why Russia and China are considering stoking a third world war at the moment, this has a lot to do with it… This may have well marked the moment the American Empire ended and our moment as a superpower ended with it.
- October 2021 – Attorney General labels CRT critical parents as domestic terrorists
- AG Merrick Garland releases a memo stating that rise in supposed harassment from parents against their teachers and school board officials for teaching sexualized content and racialist material without their permission ought to be investigated by the FBI as an “imminent threat” and a form of “domestic terrorism“. This happened following several months of controversy in states like VA where school board meetings were being shut down as angry parents wanted explanation for what their students were being taught, including an incident of rape covered up by a school board.
- October 2021 – Transportation Secretary takes paternity leave during national crisis
- Normally I’m very sympathetic to the needs of putting a family before business but when a national crisis is ongoing it is the duty of an elected representative to do there job. As the nation’s supply chain ground to a halt, Pete Buttigieg was taking photos of his adopted child with his husband.
- October 2021 – Administration ponders packing the Supreme Court
- Biden made a-lot of noise in 2021 by threatening to add additional justices to the current 9 seats on the supreme court, a move he claimed would depoliticize the court after three contentious packings under the Trump administration. Such a move though has never served as anything but naked political maneuvering, as a similar packing attempt under the FDR administration was denied.
- December 2021 – Biden falsely claims economic success
- The country as a whole seems to have totally forgotten just how economically muscular the United States was in December 2019 before the pandemic. The media seems to have glommed onto the idea that the economic downturn cased by the pandemic was in some way representative of “The Trump Economy”, therefore the economy’s slow return from recession is something Biden can brag about. It wasn’t and it’s not. The fact that the economy has recovered so quickly speaks to the fact that people are eager to work and enjoy life again post-vaccination. It has nothing to do with Biden’s repressive economic agenda.
- December 2021 – White House wishes “death” among the unvaccinated
- In one of the creepiest statements ever to be released by the White House’s official website, the administration stated that “you’re looking at a winter of severe illness for yourselves, your families and the hospitals you may soon overwhelm.” The statement oozed contempt for Biden’s critics but also for members of his own base, many millions of whom are vaccine hesitant for non-Republican reasons.
- December 2021 – Biden Declares that there is no federal solution to COVID-19
- After Everything we’ve been through as a country, Biden finally breaks his Oct. 2020 promise to “shut down the virus” with a weak admission that the federal government can’t fix it. After years of lies, mistruths and broken promises, after laying into President Trump for his COVID failures, the president finally admits that the virus simply can’t be beaten by him.
- January 2022 – VP Harris compares 1/6 riot to 9/11 and Pearl Harbor
- As grotesque and unsettling as the 1/6/21 Republican riot at the US capitol was, it was evidently a moment of intense trauma and horror on part with attacks that killed thousands of innocent Americans and civilians (despite there only being one death at the riot, a rioter no less). There have been at least two massive shootings and massacres just in the last two months that are more deadly and horrific than 1/6… Least we forget that this emotionally fragile performance came from the same woman who bailed antifa rioters out of jail in 2020.
- January 2022 – Biden downplays the Islamic motivations for Texas Synagogue hostage situation
- Biden joined the media chorus in relative confusion over the supposed lack of motivations for why a radicalized British muslim would have some sort of motivation for holding an entire Texas synagogue hostage for the better part of a day. This coming just a month after the deadly van attack at the Waukesha Christmas Parade which resulted in 6 deaths and over 40 injuries, which was also downplayed by the media due to the suspect’s anti-white racist sentiments on social media (an attack several times more deadly than 1/6 I might add). Given how many publicized mass shootings, copycat shootings and terrorist attacks happened during the Obama administration because of the politics of obfuscation, we can look forward to many more in the future!
- January 2022 – Biden criticizes the legitimacy of the 2022 election
- After nearly a YEAR of feigning indignation at the mere concept, the mere though, the mere suggestion that an election might be illegitimate because of some tenuous rule or the possibility of corruption, Biden all but said that the upcoming elections will be illegitimate if HR1 isn’t passed: the bill that will essentially loosen voting restrictions to a point where voting corruption, ballot harvesting, vote-by-mail and non-citizen voting will become untouchable by law (one can only wonder why the Democrats want that). For good measure, the Democrats are claiming this initiative is the new civil rights movement and that black people will be denied the write to vote without it…
- January 2022 – Biden calls Fox News reporter a “Son of a Bitch”
- Admittedly, Biden’s most recent transgression is a very petty offense. Calling a reporter an SOB is unruly, rude and impulsive. Frankly, if Trump had done it it probably would’ve been applauded. Regardless, if Biden wanted to make himself a better and calmer president than Trump he wouldn’t be playing chicken with his critics in the media.
- General economic breakdown
- The Biden economy is in an absolute slump. Food shortages are affected large swaths of the country, transportation issues have slowed down our shipping infrastructure and least we forget the nearly $1 trillion added to the national debt in 2021 and record high inflation rates devaluing the currency. Gas prices are skyrocketing, food prices are skyrocketing, businesses are shutting down because people refuse to work, new car lots are empty, the small business economy still lies in shreds after the March 2020 COVID lockdowns, and there is little reason to assume that we shouldn’t expect a recession or downturn in the near future, let alone a war.
This list isn’t comprehensive. It doesn’t cover the minutia of many of Biden’s petty or cynical actions over 2021 including his noises in support of complete voter reform (favorable to Democrats), moves towards amnesty, massive out of control spending, supporting the Build Back Better initiative, tax increases, anti-police proposals and his numerous questionable appointments to positions within his administration, namely his nomination of David Chipman for the ATF.
Before the 2020 election, I wrote a piece defending Biden and stating that it was likely that he wasn’t going to be that bad. After his election, I posted a piece in January wherein I encouraged the administration to make the effort to stand for all Americans and put the worst elements of his party down so that peace and unity could be achieved. I no longer stand by either of those essays. I was wrong to assume Biden would be a force for mitigation.
Biden is everything wrong with the Democratic party: the egotism of Obama, the self destructive tendencies of Carter, the tone deafness of LBJ, the utopianism of FDR, etc. Add to that an air of bumbling incompetence and you’ve created the first year of Biden’s rule.
Biden stands at 39% approval at the moment according to one Harvard poll and one must ask if statistics and incidents like these don’t add up, especially when nearly 2/3rds of the country dislike him. He stands to helm an administration with the worst economic statistics and cultural breakdown of any president since the Carter Administration.
Drink it in America: this is who you voted for! YOU chose this!